The purpose of the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program is to help raise the level of educational attainment in Indiana and to leverage further the ability of Indiana’s community foundations to enhance the quality of life of the state’s residents.
Since the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program was first offered in 1998, Lilly Endowment has remained steadfast in its belief that education at all levels is indispensable to the personal, civic and economic well-being of Indiana’s residents and communities. The Endowment hopes that this program will continue to encourage many of Indiana’s most talented students to attend one of Indiana’s higher education institutions and after graduation consider pursuing occupations in Indiana.
The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship provides 4-year, full-tuition scholarships to selected students from each Indiana county. Each scholarship must be used to pursue a baccalaureate degree at any accredited public or private Indiana college or university.
- Full-tuition required fees and book stipend for four years. (Does not pay room, board, or travel expenses.)
- Recipients may attend any public or private, nonprofit, Indiana four-year college or university accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma from an Indiana high school accredited by the State Board of Education or by a national or regional accreditation agency that is recognized by the State Board of Education.
- Applicants must be residents of the state of Indiana.
- Selection criteria, selection procedures, and application due dates vary by county.
- Recipients must pursue undergraduate study in a baccalaureate program on a full-time basis.
- 142 scholarships are awarded annually.
Apply For Lilly Scholarship
Receiving the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship is a privilege and an honor for a student that far exceeds its monetary value. Therefore, the Scholarship Selection Committee, comprised of volunteers from throughout the county, will seek to select the most outstanding Randolph County students among those who apply. Service to others, demonstrated leadership, and academic performance are key. Commitment, employment history, and financial needs will also be considered in the selection process. Applications are reviewed in a blind process (names are removed beforehand). Finalists are then selected for a personal interview. Committee members sign confidentiality agreements, and all information from the applications is kept in the strictest of confidence.
- August 11, 2022 — Lilly Kick-Off Information Session
- September 6. 2022 — Lilly Applications due online by 4:00 p.m.
- September 20, 2022 — Top 10 Announced
- September 26, 2022 – Top 10 photographed, 3:30 – 4:15 p.m.
- September 29, 2022 — Banquet for Top 10 candidates
- September 30, 2022 — 5 Finalists Invited for Interviews
- October 6, 2022 — Interviews held from (TBD)
- December 2022 — Public Announcement of Scholarship Recipient will be made at winner’s school (sometime in early-mid December)
- February 23, 2023—Recipient must sign Scholarship Acceptance Letter and return to ICI