The Community Foundation of Randolph County makes grants to increase the capacity of Randolph County’s not-for-profit organizations to respond effectively to the needs of the community.
What We Fund
In general, the Foundation prefers funding for:
- Start-up costs for new programs
- One-time projects or needs
- Capital needs beyond an applicant’s capabilities and means.
In addition, field of interest funding is available on a limited basis for the areas of:
- Arts and culture
- Civic and community development
- Environmental and historical preservation
- Health and human services
Historically, the Foundation has funded projects in the areas of community betterment, arts and culture, health and human services, youth, economic development and education.
What We Do Not Fund
The Foundation will not normally consider grants from the Community Enrichment Fund for the following purposes:
- Individuals other than scholarships (separate applications exist for scholarship programs)
- Organizations for religious or sectarian purposes
- Make-up of operating deficits, post-event or after-the-fact situations
- Endowment campaigns
- For any propaganda, political or otherwise, attempting to influence legislation or intervene in any political affairs or campaigns.
- Services such as fire, police, schools, parks, etc. that are the responsibility of government and tax supported. (We will, on occasion, however, support special projects of these agencies)
In addition, the Foundation board is reluctant to approve grants to any organization for the purpose of maintaining an on-going operating budget or for multi-year grant requests. (Please contact the Foundation office before submitting a multi-year grant request). However, exceptions to this may be made at the discretion of the Board.
The Foundation Board considers grants two times each year – in March and September. Spring grant requests must be submitted no later than March 31. Fall grant requests must be submitted no later than September 30. Applicants can only be funded once per year.
March 31 & September 30
*the following Monday if the 31st or 30th falls on a weekend
Women’s Fund due February 9th
Grants must be received by 4:30 p.m. on these dates.
Spring/Fall Grant Application Guidelines: Word | PDF
Spring/Fall Grant Application Worksheet: Word | PDF
Spring/Fall Grant Application Cover Sheet: Word | PDF
Final Grant Report: Word | PDF
Goodrich Bandshell Trust Grant Application Worksheet: Word | PDF
Goodrich Bandshell Trust Grant Application Cover Sheet: Word | PDF
Women’s Fund Application: Word | PDF
- Chip & Ruth Loney Fund
- James & Linda Noffsinger Fund
- Randolph County Heroes Fund
- Starr Family Fund
- Thom & Janice Powers Fund
- Whitacre Family Charitable Trust
- Wicks Employee Giving Fund
- Union City Community Fund